Everyone is welcome to have a birthday party at our Modellers club on our public running days. Our Society is run entirely by volunteers who are passionate about their hobby and take great enjoyment by sharing their hobby with you. Because of this, our volunteer member numbers present on any running day dictate the number of various trains and boat rides available. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that your child’s favourite train or boat will be running on any particular day.
In acknowledgement of the popularity of birthday parties being held on our Sunday running days we have recently initiated a few extras which we hope will add to your day with us:
- Please contact us to reserve your table. You are welcome to bring your own tables as well/instead of, and if there are other picnic tables free you are welcome to use them.
- Please let us know your child’s name – they will receive a Certificate, and a special one-off “Free Pass” ticket which will give them free rides for the afternoon and which can be kept as a memento of their special day.
- If the weather looks uncertain please contact Noel Dyer (03) 548 4253 – he will either confirm if we will be open, or arrange another date for your birthday party (if you are able to postpone).
- Our hours of operation are Sundays from 1pm to 4pm weather and member numbers permitting (we do not operate on wet days).
- We accept cash only – there is no EFTPOS on site.
- The cost per child invited to your birthday party is $5 per birthday concession ticket which gives six rides per ticket.
- A minimum of five tickets ($25) to be purchased.
- Limited kitchen facilities (stove, hot water, sink) are available for your use downstairs in our Clubrooms.
- Toilets are in the building at the opposite end of the pond from our Clubrooms. If these are unavailable there are toilets next to the Beach Café of the other side of Natureland (same walking distance from Lakeside Station to either building).
- Please leave the area you use clean and tidy and please take all paper and food rubbish home with you.
Safety is of great importance to us. We expect children at parties to be supervised by adults. The pond is unfenced, but only knee deep. Toddlers will need constant supervision near the pond.
For further information or enquiries please contact:
Noel Dyer – (03) 548 4253
E – email@example.com